Monday, August 18, 2014

Pecking Order, 12x12"


Pecking Order, pastel on board by Adriana Meiss
 
This pastel will be among the twelve (or fifteen) pieces I'll have in the upcoming A Dialogue with Nature exhibit at Baltimore Woods starting next month.

   It's based on a photo that my friend Shailesh Joshi (artists/photographer) took of his backyard and posted on FB. I loved the light so much that I asked his permission in using it as a reference. He kindly sent to me more photos of that scene, and putting it altogether I came out with this. I actually flipped the image to have the focal area on the right.

   On another note, this week I'm heading to Saranac Lake for the Adirondacks Plein Air Festival. I've been so busy that I haven't had time to paint outdoors. However, I'm going with a new goal in mind: to conquer my tendency to finish work in a hurry. The most I have spend painting one piece on location is two and a half hours. Sometimes that works but very often it doesn't.  So, I need to learn to go the extra mile.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is beautiful Adriana! I have missed so much of your work so I went through all your recent work and LOVE them all!

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you Hilda! You have been busy yourself, I particularly like your desert scene.