Monday, June 28, 2010

Mini sunsets , 5x7

Sunset II--SOLD
I did these in preparation for an arts and craft show in a park on the 19th. While this time the event was not a good one in terms of sales, I had a good time meeting people and talking with a few who showed interest in the medium.

In Sunset II I was figuring out how far I could push some colors but still keeping the idea of the end of the day.

Sunset on the Moose
Sunset on the Moose was more of a search into color combination that started with the sky colors.

Sunset on Seneca Lake--SOLD

Sunset on Seneca Lake was a study for a future version. The sailboat is the Mallabar X coming to shore.

All were done on Ampersand Pastelbord.

6 comments:

Donna T said...

Little beauties! I like them all, Adriana. How do you like the Pastelbord? I have never used it.

Adriana Meiss said...

Hi Donna, and thank you. I cannot believe you have never used the Ampersand pastelbord. All I can say is that it's different in texture from other sanded surfaces. Some of the things I like about it are:
1. you can wash off the pastel and start over again, as it dries fast (although the surface might retain some color) 2. you can frame without the need of a mat 3. it offers a strong support for painting and for backing when framing.

The one thing that annoys me sometimes is that it's hard to use on a easel simply because I have to move it around to paint the top and bottom edges.

hmuxo said...

I love these paintings. I bought an Ampersand Pastelbord a few months back and for some reason I never worked with it. I will definitely try it now. Again, well done!

SKIZO said...

Fascinating work.
It has been delightful
to visit your gallery.
Good Creations

Adriana Meiss said...

Hilda, Thank you! I'm sorry it took me so long to reply to your comment. I hope that by now you have tried the Ampersand board and liked it.

Skizo, Thank you for visiting. I really enjoyed seeing your creations!

Rik no Orkut said...

Bom!