Sunday, April 10, 2011

Early Stars, 20x16" -- sold

I'm back after a 2-week vacation visiting my family in Costa Rica. I took over a 1000 pics and have so many plans and ideas I would like to put into practice in the near future.

The show went well. Two paintings were sold before the reception day and one more after I came back. I'm still hoping to sell at least one more before the show is over.

I have to thank my friend Marybeth for insisting that I painted some night scenes for the show. As it was, I only had time to paint this one, but it received very good comments. A lady described to me what she felt about it, which was exactly what I wanted to convey with it--what a nice feeling!

7 comments:

Elaine said...

This is beautiful Adriana. I love the glow in the sky near the horizon and across the grass. Makes me want to dream - it has a great atmosphere, very soft and inviting.

I look forward to seeing some of the work from the photos from Costa Rica.

Adriana Meiss said...

Hi Elaine, and thank you! This pastel is one of my favorites.
I need to get an external drive before transferring my photos to the computer, but I'm looking forward to painting different scenes.

rachel neil said...

You have a very gentle style to your paintings, I've enjoyed checking out your blog.
http://rachelneil.blogspot.com

G said...

Amazing paintings!

Donna T said...

Oh, this one is special, Adriana! You really captured a mood with this painting ... I just can't describe it with words! I look forward to a tour of Costa Rica via your paintings too.

hmuxo said...

I truly love this painting Adriana. You do so well with pastels and I'm looking forward to seeing more from Costa Rica.! I love the way you painted the sky and the hint of light which makes the painting glow.

Adriana Meiss said...

Rachel, Stephanie, Thank you so much for your comments.
Donna, Hilda, Thank you too, and also for encouraging me to paint scenes from my country.