Friday, March 30, 2012

The View from the Kitchen, en plein air, 10x8"



The first en plein air painting of the year always seems to take so much effort to just get going. Part of the reason is that I don't paint outdoors in the winter time, so it takes some time to set your mind in the right frame to accept the changing weather and the getting used to carrying your box, easel, and supports here and there. Then when the nice weather arrives, gardening and other chores compete with painting. 

This painting represents the first step even though it was painted from the kitchen on a cold sunny afternoon. I have wanted to paint this scene for some time because I have always dreamed on converting the carriage house in the background into my perfect studio space--too bad  it belongs to my neighbor!

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful plein aire painting, Adriana. I love the light hitting part of building and the grass...perfect! Your neighbor's carriage house looks like the perfect studio!!! Who's going to tell him?! LOL

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you for you comments Hilda! Maybe I should fix the house and then claim squatter's rights, ha, ha.

Donna T said...

That's a very nice start to your plein air season, Adriana! I love the spring light flowing through. Maybe if your neighbor isn't using the carriage house you could rent it (cheaply of course)? What a great place for you to paint ... and teach too!

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you Donna! Just dreams...It's probably easier to just fix a section of my attic, sky holes and all.