Sunday, June 3, 2012

Peaceful Night, 10x8" - Sold

Peaceful Night, 8x10" pastel by Adriana Meiss
This painting happened by chance. I had painted a sunset with very warm pinks and yellows, some trees in the foreground and a field of daisies in the middle ground. I wasn't that sure of the results and after looking at it for several days I just did not like it anymore so I took it to the sink and washed it off.

A ghost was left on the board and fearing that some of the tooth might have been lost, I applied micaceous iron oxide to the board. This liquid acrylic produced by Golden, dries as an iridescent gunmetal color due in part to the mica particles. It did not completely cover the previous ghost, but that was to my advantage because the idea of a night scene immediately came to mind. This piece became a conversational piece at this weekend show when people commented on the sparkle of the night sky.

2 comments:

Donna T said...

How cool that you were able to rework that painting and end up with a sparkly sky. Beautiful work, Adriana, and congrats on the sale!

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you Donna! I hope you are painting a lot this summer.