Sunday, October 13, 2013

Showing at Manlius Library until Nov 16


North Truro Moon, 12x9 pastel on panel by Adriana Meiss

I was asked by the Associated Artist of CNY if I would be interested in having a show at the  Manlius Library. Of course I said yes as artists should take any good opportunity offered to them.

The first thing for me was to take stock of what I had and and come up with a title for the show. I decided on Landscapes: Near and Far because besides wanting to show some of my recent work done on location, I wanted as well to show work from other places that has been in my shelves for some time.
This meant a lot of framing and as paintings dictate what kind of frames they look best in, I had to order new ones and deal with some delays.

Anyway, yesterday the ladies of Associated Artist of CNY showed how efficiently they worked: the exhibit was set in a very short time and I must say that it looks great. North Truro Moon above, is one of the 22 pieces in the exhibit. Even while hanging work, I had the chance to talk with a nice lady from NJ who told me that some of my paintings reminded her so much of the area she lives in.

The reception in next Sun Oct 20th from 2-4. The show will last until Nov 16th. If you are in the area please stop by.

Library hours:
Mon -Thu: 10:00 AM- 9:00 PM
Fri -Sat : 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun: 1:00 PM- 5:00 PM