Monday, March 3, 2014

Rainy Day. 9x12

Rainy Day, pastel on paper by Adriana Meiss

   This pastel was started a long while ago, then became part of my pile of unfinished work. A few days ago, wanting to participate in a juried show, I thought that perhaps I could finish something instead of starting something  new. This spring scene from the Adirondacks, spoke to me; perhaps that was because I'm so eager to see bright spring green on grass and branches! The good thing is that this time around I deviated a lot from the photograph. Trees were removed, others created, and the white blooming tree that was in the foreground half hidden by the conifers, found a better place in the distance along with a new companion, becoming a point of interest.

   My new goal for studio paintings is to study at least two possibilities a scene has to offer before jumping to paint it.

No comments: