Tuesday, August 5, 2014

In Hiding, 18x24"


In Hiding, pastel on board by Adriana Meiss
This is a studio painting done a few months ago for the Onondaga Art Guild Show. It's from one of my favorite places in the area, Meadowbrook Pond. Who's hiding?

Changing the subject, it's official now, I'll be showing at Baltimore Woods Nature Center this fall with my friend Maureen Barcza (oils). The title of the exhibit is A Dialogue with Nature. I gradually learned to converse with nature when I started painting outdoors. These conversations continue in the studio until the painting is finished. The funny thing is that now, even when painting from a reference photo, it is normal for me to engage in a conversation with the photo and my memories of the place.

3 comments:

Donna T said...

I see him, pretending to be part of the shaded grass. Beautiful painting! Congrats on the upcoming show, Adriana!

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you Donna! For the exhibit, I'm trying to be more careful about what to paint so that everything connects. I'm on a studio painting spree; my goal is to have more pieces than needed to select from.

ozgrkdn said...

amazing,,thank you very much for sharing,,,))