Thursday, February 9, 2012

Organizing Events

Sunlit Treetops, 5x7"
A week ago, after talking with an artist friend about the goals each of us wanted to accomplish and things we wanted to do this year, my friend made me write everything down on a notebook, in chronological order.

Then, she suggested that on a separate sheet for each event I included the pertaining information. For example, for an upcoming spring show I had to list the total number of paintings I wanted to have on display, how many were ready to go, and how many more I needed to complete my original goal.

Once all the info was transferred to my large wall calendar, I was able to see more clearly how much time I had to prepare for each event and most important, it gave me a clearer idea of whether my goals could be fulfilled or not. I immediately realized how much time I was wasting and started to paint. The pastel above is one of the seven I painted that week, and I like it so much that I'm thinking on painting it in a larger format.

7 comments:

Cmichaudart said...

definitely go for the larger format, it is lovely. don't you love the calendar with all the dates etc...it actually gives you time!

Corinne said...

Excellent idea to get your goals out in front of you! That's going to motivate you like nothing else! I hope to someday next spring or summer drive down to Otisco and meet you for a paintout there in the Otisco hills ...my old stomping grounds! You paint it so lovingly...it makes my heart sing!! I'm your biggest fan Adrianna! Oh, and BTW...your Blog is lovely!

Joann said...

I love your blog, too. Of course, I love your paintings and this one is amazing. You're such an inspiration and I love to experience your area through your lovely work.

Donna T said...

Yes, do this one large, Adriana! It's all about the light on those trees and we can all appreciate that kind of momentary beauty. I'm glad you got organized so we can see more of your work!

hmuxo said...

This is going to be beautiful when you make it larger...I love the light and the colors are amazing!!! LOVE IT, AS ALWAYS.

Jane said...

Beautiful light in the trees!

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you ALL for the comments and encouragement. They are highly appreciated!
Corinne, we definitely have to set a date for plein air painting in Otisco!