Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Variations on a Theme

Finger Lakes Vineyard, Adriana Meiss--SOLD
  A while ago, while fixing and old painting done on location the possibility of painting some other scenes based on that one came to mind ( see here). I liked the idea of middle ground with the path disappearing into what seemed to be a valley, and I also wanted to experiment more with yellows and oranges. The ones below are the two resulting paintings, but once you are having fun with something you just continue and that's how Finger Lakes Vineyard  above came about. While the reference is from the recent trip to Canandaigua, the color scheme is the same as that of the two previous paintings.
  I like it a lot since it doesn't have much detail. My plan was to trim most of the sky area, but I found a frame that seemed perfect for it and I ended up extending the edges instead. It sold at the Lavender Festival this past weekend!

Henneberry Field #1, Adriana Meiss


Henneberry Field #2, Adriana Meiss

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

These are all beautiful...I can see why Finger Lakes Vineyard sold...I love the soft lavender colors and shadows and how it lead you into the lake. So perfect, Adriana!!!

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you Hilda! I wish I had taken a picture of it when it was framed.

Donna T said...

Gorgeous vineyard painting Adriana! I love the softness of the atmosphere ... so dreamy. Lucky buyer! Sorry I missed the festival. I had planned to go but a continuing health problem prevented it. I'm glad you're out there painting!

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you Donna. Get well soon!