Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Fast Moving Front, 11" x 17"

This painting is based on the same reference photo that I used for Distant Pond.
While a larger format allows for more detail, it can also make things more difficult if you want to keep it loose. Perhaps that's why it took me over three weeks to finish it. Several times I thought it was done only to come next day and erase the previous day's work. I even added a dirt road -and still think it would have been a good idea, but it did not come out the way I wanted, so maybe another time, another painting.

I'm becoming more aware of how much one can learn from painting different versions of a particular scene. To avoid repetition you are always asking yourself what to add or remove to make the painting work.

8 comments:

hmuxo said...

Gorgeous painting Adriana!! Another favorite!!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!!

Adriana Meiss said...

Hilda, Thank you!
My2PesosThank you for stopping by and commenting.

Tatiana said...

I like what you did with those line trees here.. Really well done!

Dan Reynolds said...

This is a really good one. I think it came out just the way it should have.

Adriana Meiss said...

Tatiana, Dan, Thank you!

Fakhri Bohang said...

Oh My God. This work is so beautiful.

Adriana Meiss said...

Fakhri, Thank you! I'm glad you like it.