Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Madison Windmills, 8x10"-Sold

My plan was to start another painting based on the previous one, but this photo from the same area begged me to paint it first.

For several years I had seen the windmills in the distance and was very curious as to what they looked like up close, so last year my daughter and I went to Madison county in search of them. Not only did we take lots of pictures but also fell in love with the countryside.

As a believer in renewable energy, I plan to include windmills in some future paintings. The ones here are barely visible on the left.


2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Lovely piece, Adriana. I look forward to seeing more windmills in the future. Passing through West Virginia one year, we saw a lot of them...I think they are so interesting and a wonderful subject. The sky is beautifully painted as well!!

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you Hilda!