Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Rock Garden, en plein air, 9" x 12"

My friend MaryBeth and I went painting this morning to her next-door neighbor's garden. She had told me about this garden before but I didn't imagine it had so much to offer!

This scene with black-eyed Susan, mullein, and globe thistle, was the first one that caught my attention, so after scouting for a while I figured I needed some practice painting foregrounds and this one offered the perfect setting.

From the very beginning my goal was to practice, not to produce a finished painting; that took so much pressure off and I'm happy with the results.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful garden with such wonderful colors. You did an amazing job with this painting. I'm going to miss those Summer flowers!!

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you Hilda. I'm hoping to be back there this coming week.