Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Old Forge Plein Air Paintout

Adirondack Cottage, 9x12"

This past weekend was the Plein Air Paintout at Old Forge, NY, that culminated in the auctioning of donated artwork to benefit the new art center, View.

This first scene is one that I have been studying since I took a workshop with Susan Ogilvie in May of last year. It's a private entrance seen from the parking lot of the old arts center. It seems that having all this time to ruminate on the scene helped me immensely because the painting went very smooth.

After checking several places for painting potential I decided to go to the Moose River. This area is one that everyone sees when entering the town.





Moose River by Rt 28th, 9x12"
(donated)

8 comments:

Elaine said...

I love the Adirondack Cottage. I really want to see what is down that path. And I lvoe the reflections on the water in Moose River. But then your work is always beautiful.

royal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chad said...

I recognize that view, nice job.

Corinne said...

Adriana - two lovely pastels! The Adirondack Cottage draws me in and sets the scene for a quiet retreat in my mind to the lovely Adirondacks! Your work is just exceptional! Thanks for posting! <3

Donna T said...

I love the depth in the first one and the reflected sky in the second. Beautiful work, Adriana!

hmuxo said...

I am loving that Adirondack Cottage, Adriana. So many beautiful details in this painting! Of course, I love Moose River as well. Great job.

Judie said...

Your treatment of water is just exquisite! You really know how to handle pastels!! Beautiful work!!

Adriana Meiss said...

Thank you all so much for your comments!